Submit now a series for the 2018 Night Diving Street Photography Contest. The contest calls for your best street series dedicated to urban nightlife, shot from dusk till dawn. Please see detailed submission guidelines for the contest below. Participation is free of charge!
Prizes and recognition:
- Gallery Exhibition of the best photo series at RAW Streetphoto Gallery Rotterdam.
Opening 14. April 2018. 16:00 (RSVP here)
- Interview and publication on Urban Street Diving.
About the contest:
You drop into a whole new world. Scuba Diving at a coral reef in the dark is like taking a stroll downtown, everybody is out – a really wild time. In photography, you can shoot your favorite location till you think you know every square inch of it, but at night, shooting at the same spot will bring back the awe. The scene changes as day creatures retire and night owls come out.
Every submission will be judged by these internationally acknowledged street photographers:
His photos need to have punch, wit and attitude, giving him a certain swag after pressing the shutter. Member of the Full Frontal (Flash) Street Photography Collective.
Johan Jehlbo from Malmö, Sweden.
Ranging from in-the-face flash street photography to double exposure, photography is his personal tool to express his own feelings without words. Member of the Superluna Street Photography Collective.
Daniele Martire from Milan, Italy.
Not only known for his fisheye series, but also for his keen eye of documenting the streets of his hometown. Always with him, dog Billie.
Willem Jonkers from Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- Open to participants from all around the world, 18 years or older.
- The series must consist of minimum 5 to maximum 7 photos.
- The series must be shot at night, between dusk and dawn respectively.
- All photos must be taken within a certain radius or location e.g. street, district or event etc., to match the street diving approach.
- It must be a cohesive, related body of work.
- Any location within the urban public realm is acceptable i.e. subway, bus, shopping center, pub etc.
- Photos must fall under the category of (candid) street photography, therefore no set-up and no manipulation of the scene allowed.
- The photos do not have to necessarily include people.
- Any additional source of artificial lighting may (or may not) be used. (i.e. flash)
- Participation is free of charge.
- Only one series per participant.
- Alongside the pictures, please provide a short description about you and the series.
- Submissions are closed.
- Images must be jpg files with a resolution of 1500px on the longest side. We will contact the winners for bigger file sizes for the presentation.
- Minor editing adjustments on the submitted photos are allowed, e.g. conversion to black and white, exposure, contrast, brightness etc.
- Entries shot on digital and analog cameras are eligible.
- Watermarked and/or signed images will not be accepted.
- The entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all images submitted.
- Please rename each image file with your first and last name as one word, name of series and a number before submitting e.g. JoeDoeStreetSeries1.jpg
Any questions about the contest? Don’t hesitate to contact me!