Urban Street Diving, in Cooperation with RAW Streetphoto Gallery Rotterdam, is looking for the best street photography series in 2017.
About the contest:
To enter the competition, your photo series has to be captured in 2017 and exclusively shot at one single urban location, street or area. Like during a real scuba dive, where the diver has to be focused and observant to discover new things.
You can either shoot the series at once in just a couple of hours or during a longer period and several photo shoots. We are just looking for the best street photography series that is cohesive and tells the best story about the location and the people or a certain theme.
Participation is free of charge. Entry Deadline is 30 April 2017.
Prizes and Recognition
Exhibition at RAW Streetphoto Gallery Rotterdam
The best 3 street diving series will be exhibited at RAW Streetphoto Gallery Rotterdam in front of an international and renowned audience. They provide a unique platform for emerging street photographers. Their mission is to showcase young artists work to the public.
Publication on Urban Street Diving
In order to find out more about the winning photo series, the photo series itself and an interview about the photographer and the story behind the series will be published on Urban Street Diving.
Last but not least, Crumpler provides some wonderful camera bags to giveaway for the three best street diving series. Thank you very much for supporting this event!
(Only deliverable to those countries where Crumpler’s online store is available. No cash substitution)
Multi Photo Half Backpack
Roadcase Sling 1000
Snapbag M 3
Urban Street Diving Contest 2017 international Jury
Barbara Smeenk, Founder of Keep the Moment, International Photography School, The Hague
Alexey Shifman, Curator of RAW Streetphoto Gallery, Rotterdam
Andreas Ott, Street Photographer and Founder of Urban Street Diving
- Open to all participants from around the world 18 years or older
- The series must be captured within a certain location, street, urban area or distric
- All submitted photos must be shot in 2017t
- Between 5 and 10 photos (whatever tells the best story)
- Any location within the urban public realm is acceptable i.e. library, museum, shopping center etc.
- The photos must fall under the category of street photography
- Photos may not be artificially staged or manipulated
- Entries shot on digital and analog cameras are eligible
- Photos may be black/white or color
- Watermarked and/or signed images will not be accepted
- Photos from 2016 or without valid EXIF Data will be disqualified
- Images must be .jpg/jpeg files with a minimum resolution of 1500px on the longest side. We will contact the winners for bigger file sizes for the exhibition.
- If your image is selected for the exhibition it must be of high enough quality for printing purposes.
- Please rename each image file with your first and last name as one word, name of series and a number before submitting e.g. JoeDoeStreetSeries1.jpg
- Image copyright: The entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all images entered.
- Please don’t remove EXIF Data.
Please send the photo series and a link on google maps where the photos where taken to email@example.com
Entry Deadline 30 April 2017
We are looking forward receiving your submissions. And remember:
“The Deeper You Go, The Cooler It Gets!”