Urban Street Diving, in Cooperation with RAW Streetphoto Gallery Rotterdam, is looking for the best street photography series in 2017.
And the winners are:
1st Nei Valente (New York, USA)
2nd Michael Kowalczyk (New York, USA)
3rd Max Gor (London, GB)
Drop by at RAW Streetphoto Gallery opening 27 May 2017 16:00 to see the submitted street photography series for the first time. After the event they will be published here on the blog as well.
With 56 submission and more than 400 photos from all around the world, it was a really tough decision. First and foremost a big thank you to everybody who took the time and submitted a series for the contest. We went through each and every photo series, but please keep in mind that, like in every other contest, everything is very subjective and by now means a general rating of your work.
We would be very happy if you find the time to visit the opening. Here’s the link to the Facebook event. Let’s dive into the winning photo series together!
Barbara, Alexey, Andreas
About the contest:
To enter the competition, your photo series has to be captured in 2017 and exclusively shot at one single location, street or area. Like during a real scuba dive, where the diver has to be focused and observant to discover new things.
You can either shoot the series at once in just a couple of hours or during a longer period and several photo shoots. We are just looking for the best street photography series that is cohesive and tells the best story about the location and the people or a certain theme.
Participation is free of charge. Entry Deadline is 30 April 2017.
Prizes and Recognition
Exhibition at RAW Streetphoto Gallery Rotterdam
The best 3 street photography series will be exhibited at RAW Streetphoto Gallery Rotterdam in front of an international and renowned audience. RAW Streetphoto Gallery provides a unique platform for emerging street photographers. Their mission is to showcase young artists work to the public.
Publication on Urban Street Diving
In order to find out more about the winning photo series, the photo series itself and an interview about the photographer and the story behind the series will be published on Urban Street Diving.
Last but not least, Crumpler provides some wonderful camera bags to giveaway for the three best street diving series. Thank you very much for supporting this event!
(Only deliverable to those countries where Crumpler’s online store is available. No cash substitution)
Multi Photo Half Backpack
Roadcase Sling 1000
Snapbag M 3
Urban Street Diving Contest 2017 international Jury
All entries will be reviewed by our international Jury. We are on the lookout for the best in-depth Street Photography Series that is captured just within one single area or location.
Founder of Keep the Moment, International Photography School, The Hague, Netherlands
Curator of RAW Streetphoto Gallery, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Open to all participants from around the world 18 years or older
- The series must be captured within a certain location, street, urban area or distric
- All submitted photos must be shot in 2017
- Between 5 and 10 photos (whatever tells the best story)
- Any location within the public realm is acceptable i.e. library, museum, shopping center etc.
- The photos must fall under the category of street photography
- Photos may not be artificially staged or manipulated, little adjustments are ok
- Entries shot on digital and analog cameras are eligible
- Photos may be black/white or color
- Watermarked and/or signed images will not be accepted
- Photos from 2016 or without valid EXIF Data (in case of analog photos we just trust you) will be disqualified
- Images must be .jpg/jpeg files with a resolution of 1500px on the longest side. We will contact the winners for bigger file sizes for the exhibition.
- If your image is selected for the exhibition it must be of high enough quality for printing purposes.
- Please rename each image file with your first and last name as one word, name of series and a number before submitting e.g. JoeDoeStreetSeries1.jpg
- Image copyright: The entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all images entered.
- Please don’t remove EXIF Data (digital only)
Please send the photo series and a google maps link with the location to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry Deadline 30 April 2017
We are looking forward receiving your submissions. And remember:
“The Deeper You Go, The Cooler It Gets!”
Barbara, Alexey, Andreas